Monday, August 9, 2010

Just a silly little thing, really....fights.

Fights. These are most definitely silly little things.

After fights, with friends, with parents, with boyfriends/girlfriends, there's always that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach. 

If you have wronged, you feel awful.

If you have been wronged, you feel awful.

If you've both, then the feeling is just....awful. 

Someone dear to me once said that when they fight with people, they can't stay angry for long because they begin to imagine what would happen if that person died. 

No last embrace

No affectionate words

No "goodbye"

Just died. 
 What then? What would you do? 
And then I ask myself, what would I do? I'd feel awful. And that's an understatement.

Sometimes after fights, you wonder if you should hurry up,  fix the problem, and make up for lost time, or if you should just step away. You could hurt the person even more if you talk to them while you're still hurting.

Maybe I've never stopped hurting from what they've done in the past, which is why I've just hurt them. 

So I pose the question: step back or step forward?

My advice....? 
I'll let you know. 

                                                     Love Always,
                                                              Delphi

P.S. "There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love". 
                           - Bryan H. McGill

No comments:

Post a Comment