Monday, August 2, 2010

Just a silly little thing, really...performing.

Performing. 

My soul mate for eternity.
My dream of dreams. 
The only thing I have fallen completely and utterly in love with. 

Maybe a little dramatic, but hey, it's theatre. 

I went to go see a Takarazuka (Japanese theatre troupe in which all roles, including male ones, are played by females) show today; a musical based on the movie "Sabrina", starring Audrey Hepburn. As I watched all of the performers dance and sing their curtain call, I had the following epiphany: 

I am not a person who is generally happy with myself; I always feel that I can do better at everything I do, that I could be kinder, stronger, a better person.

I have always loved theatre because I am handed the opportunity to become a different person.

And today I realized that the day I know that I am truly happy with everything about myself, is the day that I won't feel a need to do theatre for that reason. I am sure it does not mean I won't continue theatre, for it is an ever-burning flame in my heart that I know will never extinguish, but I do know that once I no longer feel the need to run away, I can pursue it simply because I enjoy it and simply because when I'm on that stage, nothing else matters. I am given the opportunity to show the world who Delphi Nina Borich is, and I am given the chance to shine. 

                                                  Love always,
                                                           Delphi

P.S. The machine won once again. 

P.P.S. "Shine your light!" 
                        -Tamra Glaser

No comments:

Post a Comment