Friday, July 30, 2010

Just a silly little thing, really....Valentine's Day cards.

It's a silly little thing, really...

Valentine's Day cards. As I walked through a small and simple craft shop, I stumbled upon a box of antique cards. There were "Thank you!" cards, "Get Well!" cards, and, of course, "Happy Birthday!" cards, but the ones that caught my eye were for Valentine's Day. Perhaps it was the similarly drawn pictures on each card. Perhaps it was the shapes in which they were cut. Perhaps, but I know that the reason was not among those I just mentioned.

It was, in fact,the Cheesy sayings written on them. For example;

*drawn: a girl and a boy under an umbrella together* "Tell me if I still rain in your heart, my Valentine!"

*drawn: a boy with a tennis racket* "I wish you would play the game of love with me!"


*drawn:
two monkeys* "I'm not monkeying around! You're the only one for me, Valentine!"


And it's times like when I was holding those delicate cards in my hand that I realize how simple and old fashioned I'd like love to be. Now, I'm no expert on love, no, not at all, but I didn't need a dozen red roses at my doorstep with a note saying, "From, your secret admirer" to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. No. All it took were those cheesy little cards. My day is made.


                                                                                                        Love always,
                                                                                                               Delphi
P.S.
"I love you today, yesterday and every tomorrow."
                                                       -Source Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment